Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Message in Dreams

I had another dream about seeing my mom. This was for the second time this year. Some of my siblings consider me to be fortunate since it’s easy for them to see our folks in dreams. I actually had had numbers of dreams like it ever since she passed away over 7 years ago. Usually, it was times when I missed her a lot that I kept thinking of her. The same thing with dreaming of seeing my dad. So I didn’t really try to find out what those dreams might mean.

But in these last couple of dreams, the situations were more serious in where my mom had more meaningful role.
In the first one, the scene was the inside of an apartment, which I don’t know whom it belonged to, with a few other people in it. A huge and luxurious apartment, a kind like a Roman style five-star hotel room. I remember it so well because at one time when I knew she was looking for me, I sneaked out to the balcony only so she would find me there instead of in the room with other people around. The marble-covered floor balcony was wide and it was decorated by a couple of big vases with plants in them and a pair of those fancy baroque-style armchairs complete with their matching coffee table in between. And soon as had my mom found me there, we took the seat and we started talking. She asked me how my life was so I told her about it but only the general ideas, knowing that she would need no details to figure out exactly what went on. Her response may seem pretty standard as a mother would advise her son that I needed to take care of the current situation first before getting into a new one. But this kind of advice doesn’t come up as clearly in dreams as it was in this one. Somehow, I knew her message was for me to end in subtle ways everything that actually had been holding me back from getting to next phases.

In the one I had last week, she was not the lead but she sure had a big role. She happened to be there when I had a case with my sister. It was not an argument or a debate, but it was a kind of tensed situation where I got curious over a short statement my sister had made that I should be counted out in the future matters that were supposed to involve the rest of my siblings. I could sort of assume of what she meant by it but I tried not to jump into false conclusion for I could anyway be wrong, so I was trying to dig into it. Unfortunately, instead of explained what she meant, she cried on my mother’s lap. That was when my mother then asked me what went on between us. I don’t remember at all what happened after it that I begin to believe the dream did not continue even though I did not wake up then. It may have simply stopped like a movie which shows erased part somewhere from the middle to the end and it’s not because the player suddenly stops.

These latest two dreams get me thinking hard of what I need to do in real life. My mother did not say much but I got an important message from her, especially when I could read her from the way she looked at me when she talked to me. There were conditions I was facing that would she sure did not expected to happen, but she didn’t show any sign of blaming me for them that she felt the need to get upset with me. She didn’t seem to consider the conditions as fatal that to her, I only needed to finish them the right way so I can gallantly move ahead. It may not be easy of course and I don’t know exactly how to do it yet, but I’m hoping that these kind of dream would help me release the burdens on my shoulder while give me some ideas how to get solutions to my problems. I really do hope so…..