Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Me and the Sun




I have been through a very colorful life and still am. It's not a glamorous one where I never need to worry about a thing because wealth or someone would take care of it in no time. It's not a poor one either where I never get what I want at all. I have been in situations where I had enough to please myself physically and mentally, and there were times when I was right at the edge of sanity because I didn't know how to think straight anymore in facing hard problems.

I don't get jealous of what other people can have but I envy them instead. I always think that everyone has his or her own share of happiness and should be entitled for it. Some may get it easily and some others have to work extra hard to get it. For each individual, happiness is measured differently and it's up to us how far we would go to achieve it. I'm not the kind who's always hungry for better living that I often stop chasing that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow when I can lie down on the grass and watch the clouds pass by in the sky above.

In difficult times, I can waste time doing nothing but probably waiting for a miracle to happen, when I should be searching for ways to solve the problems I'm facing. While in times when I get fortunate, I may look for someone with whom I can share my happiness, as opposed to keep all my fortune to myself. There were cases when I didn't think much that some trusted friend actually took advantage on my good intention. It's hurting, but it brings more color into the simple life I'm living. After all, some say that if you don't have the ups and downs in life, then you are not alive.

I'm living one day at a time and trying to make the best out of it to please myself. I could be so high before that people looked up to me and were amazed of what I did. I can be so low as well like right now that even close friends can't afford to make an attempt to make it better. However, I can still feel there's so much love in the air that keeps me standing tall. And I'm pretty sure that it will always help me pass this and smile when I'm back on top again. I may walk slow on the rough path but I'm surely getting closer everyday to where I want to be.

Why chase the rainbow when it will always need my light in order to appear?